Friday, August 25, 2006

Alternate Meanings

borrowed this list from Merle because it made me laugh.

<><> Alternate Meanings for established words: <><>
1. Coffee -- a person who is coughed upon.
2. Flabbergasted – appalled over how much weight you have gained.
3. Abdicate -- to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
4. Esplanade – to attempt an explanation while drunk.
5. Willy-nilly -- impotent. 6
. Negligent – describes a condition in which you absent-mindedly answer the door in your nightgown.
7. Lymph -- to walk with a lisp. ??
8. Gargoyle – an olive flavored mouthwash.
9. Flatulence – emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steam-roller. 10. Balderdash – a rapidly receding hairline.
11. Testicle – a humorous question on an exam.
12. Pokemon – A Jamaican proctologist.

I stay in my office to avoid becoming a coffee. I am flabbergasted and have completely abdicated. I don't esplanade and have never been negligent. I may lymph especially after an encounter with the Pokemon. Never been in a flatulence, used gargoyle or testicles and don't suffer from balderdash or willy-nilly.

6 comments:

  1. How funny! I remember in high school chemistry class when the teacher came in with a stack of papers and said that he had a quizy for us to take. When I received the 4-page quiz I exclaimed, If this is a quizy I would hate to see your testies!" Whoops! The definition for testicle brought this memory back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty funny. Balderdash is my fav. It fact its pretty puytaftc! (just discerned the meaning of the wavyredword below and it describes exactly how I feel about balderdash.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Book, did you get an A?

    Revery, I read your definition for puytaftc. A zlaupm I will cherish (audio memory as opposed to visual)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember my score on that quizy, only that the whole class laughed at me. I probably didn't do well because I flunked the class. Funny that I minored in chemistry later on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Book, that was a funny story! It made me giggle.

    In fact, I really enjoyed these alternate meanings. They were really khjtmuk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been fascinated by words and their possibilities. This is such a great list.

    And Booklogged, that is such a classic moment--too funny.

    ReplyDelete