Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
1. Technology -- I don't always understand how to work everything, but I love my computer, my car, TV, DVD, cell phone, medical advances, etc. I would make a lousy pioneer.
2. Time -- I sure wish I had an endless supply of this. I remember watching the movie, "Groundhog Day", and feeling so antsy at first, but later thinking how wonderful it would be to do all the things he was able to do by repeating the same day over and over. Just think how many books I could get read.
3. James Taylor -- I love to listen to James sing.
4. "Trinity" -- This book was written by Leon Uris and, along with "Exodus," is my favorite of his works. (I've read most of them) Conor Larkin is one of the most romantic male characters I've ever read. I think I fell in love with him when I read this in my early 20's. I may have to read it again although I've read it a few times already and it is a big book. Maybe when I'm in the mood for a good cry.
5. Trees -- What a barren waste the world would be without big, tall, leafy trees. I love to sit under one, listen to the breeze move through the leaves, and watch them turn bright, gorgeous colors in the fall.
6. Temples -- I love the feeling of peace I achieve each time I visit an LDS temple.
7. Thanksgiving -- My favorite holiday is the time I get to eat wonderful food and spend quality time with the family.
8. Theater -- There's nothing like attending a live production.
9. Tolerance -- Not of crime or cruelty, but of cultures and ideas. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we just tried to accept others who are different than we are?
10. Tolkien -- "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy have been among my favorites since I first read them in 8th grade. I sure wish I could get my set back from my daughter or daughter-in-law, whoever has them.
I actually came across a few "T" words of things that I hate that deserve a mention: trash, traffic, tempers, tambourines, and toupees.
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Wasn't Herman the cutest thing? Major crush
2, Bee Gees - How Can You Mend a Broken Hip?
3. Bobby Darin - Splish, Splash, I Was Having a Flash
4. Ringo Starr - I Get By With A Little Help From Depends
5. Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face
6. Johnny Nash - I Can't See Clearly Now
7. Paul Simon - Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver
8. Commodores - Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom
I love Grape Nuts
10. Proco Harem - A Whiter Shade of Hair
Only my hairdresser knows for sure
11. Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Nappping
12. The Temptations - Papa's Got a Kidney Stone
13. Abba - Denture Queen
Does anyone watch Gray's Anatomy?
15. Tony Orlando - Knock 3 Times on the Ceiling if You Hear Me Fall
16. Willie Nelson - On the Commode Again
17. Leslie Gore - It's My Procedure and I'll Cry if I Want To
WE ARE GETTING OLDER, BUT ALSO BETTER, hopefully.
Monday, January 15, 2007
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
A new blogger friend, TB , had this interesting website on her blog. I find my title to be quite fitting. BTW, Lush is short for lucious, not what some of you may mistakenly think.