Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ten Things I Love that Start with "T"




I have seen this meme on a few other blogs so I asked to be assigned a letter. Thank heavens it wasn't "X", but "T" was great. Here we go in no particular order:
T*T*T*T*T*T*T*T

1. Technology -- I don't always understand how to work everything, but I love my computer, my car, TV, DVD, cell phone, medical advances, etc. I would make a lousy pioneer.
2. Time -- I sure wish I had an endless supply of this. I remember watching the movie, "Groundhog Day", and feeling so antsy at first, but later thinking how wonderful it would be to do all the things he was able to do by repeating the same day over and over. Just think how many books I could get read.
3. James Taylor -- I love to listen to James sing.
4. "Trinity" -- This book was written by Leon Uris and, along with "Exodus," is my favorite of his works. (I've read most of them) Conor Larkin is one of the most romantic male characters I've ever read. I think I fell in love with him when I read this in my early 20's. I may have to read it again although I've read it a few times already and it is a big book. Maybe when I'm in the mood for a good cry.
5. Trees -- What a barren waste the world would be without big, tall, leafy trees. I love to sit under one, listen to the breeze move through the leaves, and watch them turn bright, gorgeous colors in the fall.
6. Temples -- I love the feeling of peace I achieve each time I visit an LDS temple.
7. Thanksgiving -- My favorite holiday is the time I get to eat wonderful food and spend quality time with the family.
8. Theater -- There's nothing like attending a live production.
9. Tolerance -- Not of crime or cruelty, but of cultures and ideas. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we just tried to accept others who are different than we are?
10. Tolkien -- "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy have been among my favorites since I first read them in 8th grade. I sure wish I could get my set back from my daughter or daughter-in-law, whoever has them.

I actually came across a few "T" words of things that I hate that deserve a mention: trash, traffic, tempers, tambourines, and toupees.

10 comments:

  1. Do you have Trinity? I may need to borrow it. I'm gonna add it to my list. All you had to say was "most romantic male character" and I'm in. I loved Exodus a lot though too so I'm sure his other book would be good.

    Are you sure I didn't bring back your LOTR set? I'll have to look for it. Don't worry I didn't lose it. I know where it is if I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun! I might have to do something along the lines of this post. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie, you would love Trinity. It's a tear jerker. I thought Stacey took LOTR after you finished it. But if you have it, great!

    Katie, you should definitely do a meme like this. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot, I do have the book in my bedroom bookcase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lucked out with a better letter choice that what I had - I mean, 'J' was hard to do. Yours was really fun to read.

    I mentioned in a RS lesson a couple years ago about loving trees and there was quite a bit of giggling. Trinity would be a good one for the chunkster challenge. I don't even know who James Taylor is. Guess I'll go listen to a few from amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Booklogged, that "J" is definitely harder. I thought I read your blog on "J" and it was really good. What happened to it?
    James Taylor sang "You've Got a Friend" and "How Sweet It is to be Loved by You." He's great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, toupes... wow. They're such marvels to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cardine, Does that mean you stare at them? I guess they are much better than comb-overs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this is a bit late, but you fogot the best T word of all.... tootsie rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love tootsie rolls. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete