Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What a Life

*I thought it was time to just do an update on my life. I'm a month into 2007 and approaching the big 51. That's seem so much older than 50. According to my brother who turns 60 next month, I shouldn't be complaining. It continues to be bone-chillingly cold although we are getting above zero during the day. Apparently, this is the colder winter in 34 years. I'm hating life and haven't even got the gas bill yet. My brother from Virginia visited this weekend and the family gathered at Mom's for dinner and birthday cake. We sang for my sister-in-law and me. And yes, we blew out all the candles. She's 58 but looks much younger than me. Today, some of the family drove to Salt Lake for a farewell lunch with Wayne. I know
Mom and Steve went but I'm not sure about the Weber's. I had to stay behind for a much needed root canal. Just after Christmas, I hurt my tooth eating candied popcorn and finally got around to getting it fixed. It's has been quite painful lately. The endodontist said the tooth is cracked and I'd better get a crown as soon as possible. That would be the 14th, the soonest my dentist can get me in. Sounds like I'm on soup and jello for a couple of weeks. At least this year's Valentine's
Day will be eventful. Tonight, we reviewed "The Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale in a Relief Society activity. I suggested it since I thought it was such a wonderful book. I know one family in which the grandmother, mother and 8-year-old daughter have all read it since we picked it the first of December. Actually, the daughter has read it two times along with a couple of Hale's other books. I think she will be a great book blogger someday. The book was a huge success with all ten ladies who attended. One had even visited Shannon Hale's website and printed off a quiz about this book. It's alarming how many details I'd forgotten since I read it in November. Next month we are reviewing "The Five Love Languages" and "Where the Heart Leads." (LDS Fiction) I went to Amazon to get used copies of each. There are several different "Love Languages", so I got the one for singles. Who knows where that may lead. Here's hoping things warm up in February. It's hard to turn the page when you're mummified in blankets.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting that you will be reading the "Love Languages" Do you remember me blogging about the 5 love languages. It is really important here at my house. We define all our relationships by the love languages. I'll have to borrow your copy and really read when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie, I remember your post about the love languages. In fact, that's what I thought about when I read that Framed was reading it.

    Framed, whenever I think about how cold it is, I remind myself that it could be worse - Vernal is so much colder than Cedar! Kevin keeps me updated on your weather and it sounds just too cold! Brrhh!

    Good luck with the root canal. My coworker just had one in December. Her dentist told her the worst part of a root canal is the pain before it's done. She said he was right. It hurt like a mug before she had the procedure, but the procedure wasn't awful, and now she has absolutely no pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie, I think I will give you the book when I'm done.

    Julie, It was warm enough to wash the car today. Hallelujah! The root canal went well, but the filling doesn't match my teeth so that is annoying. Hopefully the crown will be better. I think the most painful part is still to come. . . when I find out how much the insurance didn't pay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I left a tremendously long, chatty comment last night but it's not here. The new blogger stuff is driving me crazy. I have to sign in every other second. If I leave a comment and didn't recently renew my sign-in, it won't accept the comment. Very aggravating to say the least. And I have to say the least or else I'd be swearing.

    Anyway, I thought from your post that you didn't have to have a root canal, just a crown. Your comment back to Julie makes it sound like it was a root canal. Anyway, I hope the pain is eased.

    We didn't go to SLC. Myke started feeling a bit better but then got worse again. I got worse again on Tues and missed work both Wed and Fri. Kristi had an operation in SL Thu. She's still recovering, but I hope this takes care of all the abdominal pain she's been having for months on end.

    Will love to hear what you think about The Five Love Languages. I remember Cassie talking about it, too.

    ReplyDelete