Tuesday, February 06, 2007

memoirs of a Birthday



I celebrated number 51 last Sunday. Usually, I don't say much about birthdays since . . . well, it's 51 . . . nuff said. But this was a nice day. I went to church. I gave the lesson in Relief Society and there were lots of good thoughts and ideas shared. Several people wished me Happy Birthday. I was told I didn't look 51. Is it okay to lie in church? Sacrament Meeting was particularly spiritual. I went home and got on the internet while I ate a quiet dinner. My mom stopped by and gave me a book for my birthday, always a welcome gift. My daughter called and we chatted for a long time. She's such a sweetie. Then my son called and gave me a great present. . . I'm going to be a grandma in September! What a fantastic birthday.

8 comments:

  1. My mom better not know this good news, or I'll be mad that she didn't share it with me. How exciting that you're going to be a grandma!! Congratulations and Happy Belated Birthday!

    P.S. You really don't look 51.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (late) Birthday! I'll add my congrats for the Grandma news too! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I knew it was coming up, but I didn't know the exact date. I'm glad it turned out to be a good day. I agree, you don't look like you're 51, more like 41.

    That is excellent news about becoming a grandma! My mom says having grandkids is a person's reward for all the hard work of being a parent. I don't know what she's talking about - I think she had it easy - at least, she did with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of you may now know that I didn't tell everyone I should have before writing this blog. Sorry, again. I guess I took the easy route, and I was too excited to think straight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to be an aunt for the first time. I hope I'll be a fun one with no "Cassie Monster" around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, a week late!!! I hope it was a good one, and may you have many more fantastic birthdays to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting a bit annoyed! I left a comment right after Alyson, but is it there?! @#**@! Of course not - it's floating around in internet space somewhere. Good grief!

    I lucked out and actually wished you happy birthday on the phone on the actual day of your birthday. But I didn't hear the good news then. So congratulations. I agree with Julie's mom - being a grandma is great fun. Can't wait to see you with that little precious bundle in your arms. I always get so excited thinking about a new human being with it's own character coming to join our family.

    Cassie, you'll be terrific as an aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY!!! You get to be a grandma! YAY! I'm just as excited as you are (OK, just kidding but I AM excited for you!). Congrats and I hope all goes well, summer pregnancies are never fun.....

    ReplyDelete