Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Long-awaited Answers

I enjoyed seeing the answers given on my "Take Your Pick" quiz. So as not to be offended, I avoided giving choices that might have negative connotations. As I said, this is a fun game and interesting to see how we perceive each other. Here are the right answers in bold, based on everyone accepting the premise that I know myself best:
1. Light purse, heavy heart . . . . . . . . . . . . Great Talkers, Little Doers I don't talk that much, do I?
2. Home grown . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Store bought I'm basically very lazy
3. Romance . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Mystery No brainer
4. New York City . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .San Francisco Tough choice
5. Garnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sapphire
6. Better slip with foot than tongue . . . . . .Well done is better than well said I'm a klutz
7. Texas . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Alaska See my reading blog, also fog vs. heat
8. Star Wars . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Lord of the Rings Harry Potter's No 1
9. The Cat in the Hat . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Horton the Elephant Hate that cat
10. Bats in the Belfry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Lost your marbles Both equally applicable
11. Bronte . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Austen
12. Hugh Grant . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Colin Firth What can I say, he has a great smile
13. Walmart . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Target Smaller crowds, better quality
14. England . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Australia England, first, Australia, next
15. Foggy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Blazing heat Fog is great reading weather
16. Casual . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Meticulous As long as the job gets done
17. Washington . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Lincoln I think the wig turned me off
18. Elvis . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Beatles Duh!!
19. Coincidence . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Planned
20. Myth . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Parable
21. East . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . West
22. Dictionary . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Atlas It's at my side whenever I read
23. Luscious . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Lusty I'm more mental than physical???
24. Listen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Loyal I hope I'm a good listener. It's part of the job.
25. Loquacious . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Laconic See #1

3 comments:

  1. Don't you have a dictionary close by when you read, too? This was a great meme - fun to learn some of these things about you. I think I'll do this one, too. Isn't it going to be hilarious when this gets all around the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I keep a dictionary close by also. I just don't open it as frequently. Most of the time I can figure out what a word means by its context.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frog, you're excused since I only see you about once a year. As for the rest of you . . . . Well, I guess I'm just an enigma.

    ReplyDelete