Sunday, May 07, 2006

Framed

I have no secrets and very few original thoughts so blogging is not something I rushed right into. I do enjoy reading other blogs and the comments others make. You people are such deep thinkers! Plus I usually have something to add. But I have run into a few postings that I could not comment on without having my own blog so I bowed to the inevitable. This blog is the result. As I recently shared, I chose the name while looking at a pile of frames I have accumulated with the idea of creating a hall of pictures, all in black frames, of my friends and family, artistically arranged, of course. I have framed many pictures, but need more. A few years ago, I received a set of beautiful frames that I hung in a grouping in my living room. One of the frames I saved for a wedding picture of my son and daughter-in-law which I just recently acquired but it needs to be edited. Last month I finally removed the picture of the cute little girl which came with the frame as I tired of explaining it to visitors. Now, sadly, there is no picture in the frame at all. I refuse to hang any more empty frames, so this project is waiting . . waiting. . . . waiting . . . . . .you get the picture. I seem to be surrounded by unfinished projects or the remains of finished projects. I spent a small fortune on a kit to crochet a beautiful afghan for my bedroom in the colors that it will someday be decorated in. (Another project) The pattern was too hard and it sat in the corner for a couple of years until I found another pattern that I can handle and that requires that I buy even more yarn. I have made seven of the 63 squares I will need to finish. As I searched for a pattern, I came across patterns for scarves made with Fancy Fur. This was a fun project as I could finish a scarf in one evening. I think I crocheted about ten scarves. It feels good to finish something, but I have a sack full of yarn for more potential scarves. Last fall my daughter and I cleaned out the junk room and several (make that many) kits and lengths of fabric made their way to Deseret Industries. It was almost like repentance removing so many sources of guilt. But I can't seem to restrain myself. Don't even get me started on my scrapbooking supplies. This blog is yet another project that is not finished. Maybe someday I will get around to putting a little something in the "About Me" section and pictures would seem to be an appropriate addition. Maybe tomorrow or next month . . . maybe not.

8 comments:

  1. I think blogging is the perfect "project" because there is no finished. It is whatever you want it to be. It is finished at this point until you decide to add something else, and then it will finished then as well. Anyway, welcome to blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a bittersweet post - sooo funny, but oh soooo true! And you didn't even mention housework!

    Glad you'll be sharing with us in the blog world. I love reading what everyone has to write and I can tell your blogs are going to be equally great. I'm anxious to see your finished hall of pictures. Sounds like a wonderful idea and I'm sure you will finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great philosophy, Alyson. Gee, Book, did you have to mention the "H" word. Obviously, with all my projects, I don't have time for that. Thanks for the comments. I will try to more succinct on the next one. Isn't that a great word?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. I think you should really try to keep it up because it will be interesting to know your thoughts on things. Then maybe I won't have to call so much. Just kidding. I would talk to you more often but usually when I call you are on the internet and your cell phone is off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm usually only on the Internet for about an hour at a time. Tonight might be different beause I'm shopping. But good excuse for ignoring your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frog, I'm glad you're on. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for commenting on my post- you can't reply to those mails- I really like this post of yours- you are clever and witty- :)
    My failed mail read...
    Hi- Bert Jansch is british folk-blues, and often on the top 100 guitarrists of all time list- he’s a favorite of Neil Young, and an old Led Zeppelin song was based on one of his renditions of an old folk song, Black Waterside. Can’t imagine anyone reading my boring blog, only growing by one post a month - how funny! Your blog is way better than my blog. One day I may have time to update more- it’s on one of my list of things to do at www.43things.com – if you haven’t seen that site, check it out!

    ReplyDelete