Tuesday, August 05, 2008

July Jingles


What can I say about July. It was hot, hot, hot. We got seven drops of rain and it is crazy dry. Cassie, Jordan, Stacey and Lincoln all came to visit for the Fourth. We had a lot of fun watching Lincoln crawling. He made the craziest face when the pink signal showed up on the TV after a DVD finished. Yes, he is certainly the most amusing human being on the face of the plant. I found that he does not like to be in the grass. But he could only hold one leg up and he never put in down. So cute. On the night of the Fourth, we went to Cheya and Myke's annual picnic. Good food as always and lots of people. Cheya had people posing with her crocheted hats that she is selling online. Finally we took Lincoln up to the park to see the fireworks. It's fun to watch there because you are so close to them. Lincoln was fascinated with the lights and noise. Until he got sleepy, of course. It was fun watching him. It was also fun watching his parents ooh and aah to him. It's hard to believe my son is a father, but he and Stacey are great parents.
The only other highlight this month was going to Salt Lake to babysit Lincoln on the 18th. He is crawling even faster, standing up and making all kinds of funny faces and noises. I was totally worn out but it was so worth it. I've noticed a trend in my monthly reportings. They seem to revolve around the baby. It is his first year, maybe he won't so cute next year. Yeah, right.
The rest of the month seemed to revolve around work, church and going to the temple. Of course, I read, blog, and watch TV.
Books
I read or listened to eight books and joined one more challenge. I mooched five more books and bought ten from Amazon. My favorite was The Valley of Light by Terry Kay. One of my mooched books was written by him. I am currently reading Niagra by Pierre Berton. It's a chunkster that I am reading for the Canadian Challenge, plus it is non-fiction. Very interesting, but long.
Movies
I bought five DVDs of which I watched one: "Definitely, Maybe." It was cute.
TV
The Batchelorette is over, She chose Jesse with the long hair. I liked him except for his hair. I'm still watching Nashville Stars and America's Got Talent, but that's about it. I did buy a new fifteen-inch flat screen TV and an indoor antenna. Unfortunately, when I attached the new atenna to my big TV, it would only picky up KJAZZ. So I reattached my old antenna but now I can only get ABC. I'm afraid it's time to get Direct TV or satellite or cable. Any suggestion? Rats, I hate to pay for TV.
Overall Impression
It's hot. The grass is burning up, my tree still needs to be trimmed, my home teacher came and cut down the weeds (that man deserves every blessing he gets) and we're still hitting our goals at work.

6 comments:

  1. He is a pretty funny kid. I'm excited for you to have normal t.v. I always felt so deprived growing up that we only got four channels. Thanks again for all your help with the car. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhh. He's such a cutie. I hope I get to meet him sometime before he grows too big. He's at a fun stage.

    Glad you had a good month and that work continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my child, he's such a silly bum. But I love him and he keeps me entertained. That picture of him in the high chair is sooo him. Sounds like you had a good July, mostly because it revolved around us, just kidding. I'm about to go watch "Definitely, Maybe" Hope it's good, sounds like it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete