Friday, February 01, 2008

January Journal

Following Alyson and Cheya's examples, I am going to try to recap each month this year. Hopefully, it will help me be better at my journaling efforts. Unfortunately, January was a pretty boring month for me. But I'll try:
Highlights:
Jan 3: The bank set goals for each branch to meet on this day and earn a lunch for the employees. We made our goal!!! January is off ot a great start.
Jan 6: Visiting Teaching Workshop. How amazing to get visiting teaching all set for the year on the very first Sunday. The lesson went well, lots of comments were shared; and a spiritual testimony meeting ended the workshop.
Jan 22: Received eight packages in the mail containing 15 books, 2 DVD's and 2 CD's. What fun.
Jan 27: A dear sister in the ward, Donna Stewart, passed away just six hours before President Hinckley. This was a great day to celebrate the lives of two wonderful people.
Jan 30: Annual birthday lunch with Mom, Cheya, Myke and Verona at JB's.
Jan 31: For the first time ever, my branch met the special January goals set by upper management. Good thing we reached the goals early because the last four days of the year were deadly slow and boring. Next year's goals will be murder, but I'm basking in the glory now. Plus we receive an extra bonus. Yippee.
Books read:
Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
Marley and Me by John Grogan
Seven Lies by James Lasdun
The Hundredth Man by Jack Kerley
Mercy Among the Children by David Adam Richards
Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott
Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott
Below the Salt by Thomas Costain
Nothing to Regret by Tristi Pinkston
On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
Five Children and It by E. Nesbitt
Salamander by Thomas Wharton
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Movies Watched
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (DVD, saw it first in the theater)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (DVD, first time I've seen it)
What's on TV
Dance Wars - a new series that's okay but not as fun as Dancing with the Stars.
A bunch of reruns on Gray's Anatomy. I missed the only one that wasn't a rerun.
With the writer's strike, there's not much to watch; so I just read and blog.
Overall impression of the month:
It was so cold. Below zero temperatures for days and days. When it finally warmed up the last part of the month, we got slammed with snow and more snow. Then it was back to below zero. My gas bill is unbelievable because I hate to be cold. I start my car every morning to warm up and it makes a horrible high-pitched squealing noise. I know it's time to leave when the pitch lowers. I'm tired of shoveling snow and walking on ice. We've only had a few days of fog. I do love the fog, especially the frost left on the trees and bushes that glimmer when the sun finally does shine through. I just keep repeating, "It's almost spring, it's almost spring."

8 comments:

  1. I think your January doesn't sound as boring as you say. You read a lot more books than I did, and congrats on making your goal at the bank. I really like the overall impression part. I may have to adopt that idea for my future monthly reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly leadership is your thing. I hope your life is filled with the satisfaction of having made a big difference in all of the lives you touch, including ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! for making your goals. I know that kind of thing stresses you out. I can't believe all the books you read. Sheesh. I'm pretty done with snow myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Steve being at that lunch at JB's. I think this is a good thing we're doing by recapping the months. I'm counting on you and Aly to help me keep doing this. Hooray for making your banking goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You had a very busy month. I feel sorry for everyone in Vernal because it was so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just tagged you! How exciting is that??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on meeting your branch goals!

    I often think of my cold family members when I watch the news and they discuss the cold temps there. "It's almost Spring, it's almost Spring!"

    BTW, Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete